Nyree is a local Canberra artist who finds inspiration in the natural environment, with flowers and animals prominent in her work. She enjoys using a variety of techniques to bring her subjects to life: predominantly using acrylics, pan-pastels and textural mixed-media.
She grew up in a household filled with original works of art and craft, most of which were created by her amazingly talented family. Because of this, she has always appreciated the value of art and expressing oneself creatively. Nyree believes that “a house isn’t a home without art”.
Nyree believes that art can play a valuable role in promoting nature conservation, and hopes that her work can contribute to this cause, which is close to her heart. To this end, she is currently working on an extensive series of Australian Wildlife Portraits, particularly focusing on endangered animals.
She also enjoys the challenge of commissioned pet-portraits, working closely with people who wish to have a special artwork created to capture the unique personalities of their furry companions.
Nyree has been a member of both the Artists Society of Canberra and the Queanbeyan Art Society since 2014, and frequently exhibits at the monthly QAS exhibitions, at which she has been awarded the following:
- 2nd Prize, Acrylics, Queanbeyan Leagues Club Exhibition, 2014, for “Banksia Serrata”.
- 1st Prize, Animal Portraiture, “Drawings, Portraits and Miniatures” Exhibition, 2014, for “Chevy”.
- 1st Prize, Pastels, Queanbeyan City Council Exhibition, 2015, for “Mr. Charming the Meerkat”.
- 1st Prize, Pastels, Queanbeyan Leagues Club Exhibition, 2016, for “Twinkle-Toes the Brushtail Possum”.
- 2nd Prize, Pastels, Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council Exhibition, 2016, for “Ambrose the Platypus”.
- 1st Prize, Animal Portraiture, “Drawings, Portraits and Miniatures” Exhibition, 2017, for “Dot the Eastern Quoll”.
- 1st Prize, Pastels, “Splash of Milk Art Award”, 2017, for “Billy the Bilby”.
- 2nd Prize, Mixed Media, Queanbeyan Leagues Club Exhibition, 2018, for “Strelizia Paradise”.
- 1st Prize, Pastels, Queanbeyan Leagues Club Exhibition, 2019, for “Bam Bam the Gentoo Penguin”.
She has also sold numerous original paintings, and completed 10 commissions.